Considerations Following Dental Surgery
Dr. Farole specializes in making any oral surgery procedure as comfortable as possible for you. In fact, his commitment to your health and comfort continues long after you leave the office! Here’s a helpful tip that will put an extra “ahhhhhh” in those days after your surgical procedure.
Cool, nutritious smoothies are an ideal food for the first few days after surgery. They deliver great nutrients in soothing form – no chewing required!
If you’re planning to have dental implants or any other oral surgery soon, tuck these terrific recipes in with your favorites. You may find you enjoy them long after your mouth has healed.
Top 10 Smoothie Recipies
- Banana: Blend 2 bananas, 1/2 cup each vanilla yogurt and milk, 2 teaspoons honey, a pinch of cinnamon and 1 cup ice.
- Strawberry-Banana: Blend 1 banana, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup each vanilla yogurt and milk, 2 teaspoons honey, a pinch of cinnamon and 1 cup ice.
- Strawberry Shortcake: Blend 2 cups strawberries, 1 cup crumbled pound cake, 1 1/2 cups each milk and ice, and sugar to taste. Top with whipped cream and more strawberries.
- Triple-Berry Blend: 1 1/2 cups mixed blackberries, strawberries and raspberries with 1 cup each milk and ice, and sugar to taste.
- Raspberry-Orange: Blend 1 cup each orange juice and raspberries, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1 cup ice, and sugar to taste.
- Peach-Mango-Banana: Blend 1 cup each chopped fresh or frozen peaches and mango, 1 cup each plain yogurt and ice, 1/2 banana, and sugar to taste.
- Honeydew-Almond: Blend 2 cups chopped honeydew melon, 1 cup each almond milk and ice, and honey to taste.
- Cantaloupe: Blend 2 cups chopped cantaloupe, the juice of 1/2 lime, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 cup water and 1 cup ice.
- Carrot-Apple Blend: 1 cup each carrot juice and apple juice with 1 1/2 cups ice.
- Spa Cucumber: Peel, seed and chop 2 medium cucumbers. Blend with the juice of 1 lime, 1/2 cup water, 1 cup ice and 3 to 4 tablespoons sugar or honey.
Take the Next Step
Want to learn if a dental implants is right for you? Schedule a consultation at Dr. Farole’s Facial Cosmetic Surgery Center in Bala Cynwyd, PA by giving us a call at (610) 668-3300 today.
A trusted and experienced oral and maxillofacial surgeon with offices near Bala Cynwyd, Dr. Farole has performed successful implant surgery for men, women and teens throughout the greater Philadelphia area. Dr. Farole is happy to answer your questions and help you plan for a successful procedure.